Early Career Psychologist
Rose Assessment & Therapy Center is a private psychotherapy practice in the DFW Metroplex. The practice is located in Coppell, Texas and services several surrounding cities (Southlake, Dallas, Colleyville, Grapevine, Flower Mound, Lewisville, etc.). Rose Assessment & Therapy Center is a private pay only practice. The practice aids children, adolescents, families, and young adults. Services include individual psychotherapy, family psychotherapy, and evaluations/assessments (cognitive, educational, psychological, and neuropsychological).
Rose Assessment & Therapy Center is seeking one full-time psychologist with a primary focus on evidence-based psychotherapy services for children and adolescents. The ideal postdoctoral candidate will have a good foundation in both comprehensive assessment and therapy with a wide range of children, teens, and young adults.
The mission of the psychologist position is to train a highly skilled, ethical psychologist who contributes to the field of psychology through clinical work, research and/or education.
- Conducts individual and/or family psychotherapy.
- Provides evidence-based treatment for children ages 5 through 18 who present with a wide range of presenting concerns (i.e., helping parents & children with behavioral challenges such as refusal, tantrums, non-compliance, aggression/anger, depression, anxiety, school refusal, suicide, self-harm, ADHD, ASD, LGBTQ, etc.)
- Provides cognitive, psychological, educational, and neuropsychological evaluations to children ages 5 through college age. Writes integrated reports and recommendations.
- Consults with pediatricians, psychiatrists, school personnel/learning specialists and clinics regarding patient care.
- Participates in 2 hours of weekly supervision (one hour for psychotherapy and one hour for evaluations). Additional supervision/consultation can be provided.
- Introduction to standards and practices of billing, maintaining an electronic record keeping system, telehealth systems, and marketing.
Work Hours and Benefits:
Seeking a full-time candidate who can expect to work a minimum of 15 - 20 hours per week providing patient care. Additional time (2-6 hours) will be spent administering evaluations. Report writing time will be built into your schedule. General clinic hours are Monday through Thursday between 9-5, with therapy services extending beyond 5pm two days per week. Services occur in our office, and there is an opportunity to provide telehealth; yet many of our patients appreciate in-person therapy. This position does not include health insurance or other benefits at this time.
To apply please submit the following: 1) CV; 2) professional references; 3) letter of intent describing your personal approach to psychotherapy to Dr. Kristin Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.